I provide a fixed-price quote where possible – call or email for an estimate. My rates are competitive and pricing is always kept reasonable. If your computer needs to be taken away for repair I will keep you informed and I will always check with you in the rare case that any work is likely to exceed my initial estimate.
I visit your home or business to resolve your computing issues swiftly and efficiently, getting you up and running again as quickly as possible. For fixes requiring more time, I can take your machine away to repair and return at your convenience.
Repairs & Upgrades
- Windows and Apple Mac
- Non-starting computers, blank screens, blue screens
- Email problems
- Hardware & software installation, repairs & updates
- Printer setup & repair
- Cracked screen replacement (laptop, tablet, mobile)
- Virus/malware detection & removal
- Hard drive (HDD, SSD) & memory (RAM) upgrades
New Computer Setup
I can set up your new computer for you, including:
- Data transfer from your old computer
- Internet & WiFi setup
- Internet security (anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall)
- Bloatware removal to ensure your new computer is running optimally
- Email setup
- Secure data removal from old computers – be sure none of your personal data remains prior to selling or disposal.
Broadband and Wi-Fi
- Broadband technical support (BT, Sky, Virgin etc.)
- Wireless routers & networks
- Email (Outlook, Yahoo, BT, Gmail etc.)
- Internet connection issues
Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies
Have you heard of Bitcoin but don’t know where to start? There is a lot of misleading information on the Internet, and it can be difficult to know where to look.
I can offer guidance on how to:
- Safely purchase Bitcoin
- Securely store your Bitcoin
- Other cryptoassets e.g. Litecoin, Ethereum
- Is your computer taking a long time to load up? Does it have a habit of grinding to a halt just when you need to get something done?
- I offer a PC health check to get your computer running smoothly, swiftly and reliably again.
- I will find and fix the root cause of the slowdown, which could be due to installed software, failing hardware, malware/viruses etc.
I provide computer lessons for beginners in various topics and IT training in Microsoft Excel:
- Windows & Apple Mac – finding your way around and increasing your computing confidence
- Mobile phones / Smartphones / iPhones
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Computer buying advice
- See my Computer Lessons page here for more details.
Data Backup & Recovery
- Data recovery from failing or unstartable computers
- Are your irreplaceable files backed up? Photos, videos, documents?
- Hard drives have a limited life span – Don’t let a failing hard drive put your photos & videos at risk!
- Data backups for your important files
- Have you accidentally deleted a document or file?
- Rest assured, it’s usually possible to recover deleted data!